The sanctuary of Santa Vittoria (Saint Victoria) lies in the giara of Serri and is about 600 mt above sea level; it covers a surface of about 4 hectares and offers a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside. It was uncovered by Antonio Taramelli (1868 – 1939) between 1907 and 1929, giving back to us a nuragic village from between 1600 and 900 BC. After a period of abandonment the village was again inhabited in the Punic era (600 – 300 BC) then by the Romans (300 BC – 200 AD) and finally by the Byzantines (600 – 900 AD).
The archaeological area is divided into sectors, amongst which the Holy and the Civil, the former developed around the well, a stupendous architectural example of a time when religious rites animated all the social life of the nuragic civilization; the second being distinguished by a large fence, maybe used for festivals or for when there were stock markets on occasions of religious celebrations. In conclusion the nuragic period is shrouded in mystery and unfortunately all we know is based on hypothesis.